Version 1.0.29 (21.08.2023)
- NoVNC IPMI KVM: Added support for PiKVM consoles. Docs Blog
- Added support for Raritan Dominion KX III KVM over IP switch.
- GTHost external provider: Added automatic IP synchronization as an option at the connection assignments.
- Hetzner dedicated external provider: Added support for power on / power off servers.
- Hetzner dedicated external provider: Added support for IPv6 subnet RDNS management.
- Added Tenantos as an external provider. Docs Blog
- Added Tenantos external provider as an RDNS server. This RDNS type is only available after adding an other Tenantos installation as an external provider.
- Hardware inventory: Added support to detect hardware RAID controllers and associated backend disks.
- PXE Disk Layouts: Added an option to restrict layouts based on the presence of a hardware RAID controller. Docs
- The default RAID disk layouts have been modified to not be offered if a hardware RAID controller is present.
- Several new features and improvements for PDU assignments: Docs Blog
- It is now possible to add multiple PDUs to each server.
- If a IPMI connection exists, PDUs can now be added as well. PDUs serve as a backup if IPMI isn't accessible.
- Added an action-icon to each PDU connection assignment to execute commands on the individual port assignment, such as powering-off a single port.
- Added an status label to show the current power state of each PDU port.
- Several new features and improvements for the IP manager: Blog
- It is now possible to split IPv4 subnets into smaller subnets, similar to the existing functionality for IPv6.
- When splitting, IPv4 and IPv6 subnets are no longer restricted to being of the same size on the same level. For example, a /24 IPv4 subnet can be split into both /25 and /29 subnets on the same level.
- Individual IP addresses can now be removed from subnets, while keeping the subnet at the same CIDR.
- The subnet overview table has been enhanced and is now expandable, displaying the same detailed information as seen on the subnet detail page.
- Subnet descriptions are now displayed within the subnet overview table.
- Note: The IP manager has undergone the first wave of enhancements. More improvements and features are planned to follow in future releases.
- PXE profiles: Added an option to override the iPXE file. Docs
- Lifted the restriction that servers must keep one primary IP. Now, all IPs of a server can be deleted.
- It is now possible to attach files to server notes.
- Added "Finnix" as a new rescue system.
- All usual features are supported, such as first-boot scripts, automatic hardware inventory updates on boot, and SSH keys.
- The profile is enabled by default. Please disable the profile after updating if not needed.
- Activity log improvements:
- Log the creation of SSH keys
- Log updates to API tokens
- Log brand logo changes
- Log restore PXE profile action
- Log server comments actions
- Additional variables are now available for scripts and disk layouts. Docs
- The additional drivers URL for the Debian 12 and Proxmox 8 PXE profiles have been updated to support a wider range of hardware.
- Updated the VMware PXE profiles for better hardware compatibility.
- Reduced CPU usage when using multiple languages per brand.
- Added a button at the server IP assignment dialog to assign all available IPs of a subnet.
- Saved server overview table layouts now retain column sort order.
- Upon a change in server hardware inventory, OS profiles auto-refresh to reflect potential hardware-specific OS or disk layout profile restrictions.
- External providers page now shows which servers do use the providers.
- Proxmox VE 8 PXE profile had the "Force installer to configure all IPs on the operating system" option enabled by default, whereby only the primary IP should be configured. This has been changed.
Version 1.0.28 (08.07.2023)
A new version of the WHMCS module has been released. Although updating is not mandatory, it is recommended. WHMCS Module Changelog
- Added the following PXE profiles with support for the usual features like post-installation and first-boot scripts, SSH keys, and automatic RAID configuration:
- Proxmox VE 8
- Oracle Linux 7/8/9
- Added new columns to the server overview table:
- Number of physical CPUs, number of CPU threads, MHz regular, MHz turbo, number of installed disks, number of installed memory modules.
- Network devices: Added the option "Cache ports", which improves response times when fetching ports from network devices. Docs
- Server comments can now be edited.
- Added an option to display important comments at the top of the comment list in the brand settings. Docs
- New server hardware inventory features:
- Added a button for quick copying inventory items.
- Added bulk actions for deletion and copying selected items to other servers.
- The value type when manually adding a inventory item is now shown.
- Inventory components: "MiB (IEC)" has been added as a value type.
- External providers: Added support for GTHost.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Improved support for Supermicro (e.g. H12SSW-NT)
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Improved support for Quanta IPMI.
- Improved server overview table sorting and filtering for easier system search based on specific criteria.
- Server connections will now always sort in the same order, not the order they were added.
- Don't log invalid HTTP endpoint requests in the activity log, but only in the file-based error log.
- Improved performance and memory usage when adding many IPs in one API call.
- Deleting a server is now quicker thanks to an improved logic.
- Network devices page: While one network device is being updated, the "Update" button of other network devices won't be blocked anymore.
- Improved MAC validation to only accept canonical format.
- Server inventory now sorts by the component name by default, not the order items were added.
- Disk sizes ares now stored in MiB in the server inventory. The values are still converted to GB in the UI. On the inventory page, the disk component can be switched to MB if preferred. However, please note that disk sizes are usually given in MiB, and the auto-inventory system stores sizes in MiB.
- Several improvements in the install/update script:
- Reduced the downtime when applying updates.
- Added a retry mechanism if a download fails due to network issues. Also handles stale downloads.
- Improved activity log when editing subnets or IP assignments.
- Completely rewritten the first-boot script execution system for Windows. Don't depend on FirstLogonCommands anymore, as it can cause issues with complex scripts.
- Improved the OS provisioning backend logic. This can reduce the response time of the provisioning API by up to 30%.
- On the server details page, the current power state refreshes faster after an installation completes. For example, if the provisioned PXE profile shuts down the server after provisioning (e.g. disk wipe), the new power state shows quicker.
- Automated Hardware Inventory: Improved detection of virtual disks, which should not be inventoried (e.g. IPMI virtual disks).
- Automated Hardware Inventory: Improved CPU regular clock speed detection.
- At grml rescue systems, disable the rndis kernel module to avoid detecting IPMI virtual devices as a valid network interface.
- Improved the logic for DHCP configuration file generation. Depending on the number of agents and servers, this can significantly reduce the required time to complete this task.
- PowerDNS: Ensure that the serial increases on RDNS updates.
- Store agent domains and brand domains in lowercase. Existing domains convert into lowercase when updating.
- VPS plans: If no agent connection was configured when creating the VPS plan, it was not possible to set the agents when updating the plan.
Version 1.0.27 (12.06.2023)
- Since the last update, no new switch connections could be added to servers under certain circumstances. This issue has been resolved.
Version 1.0.26 (10.06.2023)
We are excited to announce that the Tenantos blog is now live. The blog offers in-depth insights into specific aspects of the release notes, and upcoming posts will delve into various technical topics.
- Added a PXE profile for Debian 12.
- All usual features are supported, such as post-installation and first-boot scripts, SSH keys and automatic RAID configuration.
- Debian 12 was just released today, and some Debian mirrors may lag behind. To prevent a release candidate installation, consider a test installation or disable the profile until tomorrow.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for Huawei iBMC.
- Added support for Raritan Dominion KX II KVM over IP switch. Docs
- Proxmox: Added the option "Group name equals node name" to the HA groups.
- VPS plans: Added support for multiple disks (Proxmox + VMware). Blog
- Proxmox balancer plans: Added support for multiple disks as well.
- Added an option to skip permission checks on the servers.index API endpoint. Docs
- Added three new options at the logging configuration page to filter common, non-critical error messages. Docs
- These options are enabled by default.
- Improved the performance of the API. Blog
- Several improvements have been made to the management and handling of the job queue. Additionally, the job queue is now stored in Redis, instead of in the database. Blog
- Improved the handling of the "Reinstall / Rescue" menu entry on the server details page by immediately showing these menus instead of waiting to see if profiles exist. If the getProfiles API call does not return any profile data, the menu entry will be removed again (which shouldn't happen, as basic checks are already in place to ensure the menu entries won't show if no reinstallation provider is available).
- Proxmox: Additional validations have been added to the VPS plans. As an example, the combination of "SSD emulation" and the "VirtIO Block" bus is not valid and is now prevented.
- Added a workaround to address an issue where Ubuntu autoinstall incorrectly identifies virtual IPMI devices as valid hard disks on certain IPMI models.
- The NoVNC consoles sometimes closed unexpectedly due to the default TCP keepalive configuration of the operating system. This issue has been resolved.
Version 1.0.25 (20.05.2023)
Before updating to this version, it is recommended to update the WHMCS module. If you are unable to update the WHMCS module, please disable the "Admin Password Reset" PXE profile, as it won't work in WHMCS without updating the module.
In this release, the initial steps have been taken for implementing the "Advanced Switch Management" feature. The goal is to release this feature by the end of the quarter and transition out of the "early adopter" phase. However, please note that due to the complexity of these developments, we cannot guarantee their completion within the specified timeframe. This information serves as an update on the current plan.
- A PXE profile that resets the administrator password for Linux and Windows operating systems has been added. Note, this profile is enabled by default. If it's not needed, please disable it in the PXE manager. [DOCS]
- Note: In all Windows PXE profiles, the content of the "Default First Boot Script" has been expanded by two lines. Customizations are not lost; the lines are simply added. This adjustment is necessary to support password resets for Windows installations.
- NovoServe external provider: Added the "flip traffic" option to NovoServe to flip in/out network traffic like at SNMP switches.
- The server list table is now editable. Double click on columns like the server name or hostname to update the values directly from the table. [DOCS]
- Proxmox: Server tags can now be optionally synchronized with Proxmox. [DOCS]
- An option has been added to restrict the hardware inventory shell script callback to server IPs, helping prevent unintended execution on incorrect servers. [DOCS]
- Brands: New customization options have been added to Tenantos:
- Setting: The top navigation bar can now be set to "full width". [DOCS]
- Colors: The card background color and the app background color are now customizable.
- Added a preloader to prevent the short blank page when opening Tenantos.
- The default colors have been updated. Custom configurations remain unaffected, the colors only change if they have not been changed by the brand owner.
- The application sidebar has received several enhancements, offering a better user experience.
- Virtual servers: Power status is now instantly cached upon VPS creation, eliminating the previously encountered delay.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: The process of creating IPMI-KVM sessions has been improved. For some models, this results in noticeably faster console start ups.
- Several IPv6 RDNS fixes and enhancements have been implemented, including:
- Previously, IPv6 RDNS could only be set for /64, even if a larger subnet was assigned to a server.
- If a subnet larger than /64 was assigned and records existed outside of the first /64, the RDNS edit form was buggy.
- Improved the backend code for RDNS record handling.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain installations, PXE profiles of the "autoinstall" type could not be edited due to an error message being displayed when saving the changes.
Version 1.0.24 (25.04.2023)
- Added the ability to create admin accounts with access to the same items as the primary admin account. [DOCS]
- Windows PXE profiles can now be imported using an ISO file.
- Implemented a feature to prevent duplicate IPMI IPs, DHCP MAC assignments, and external provider assignments. [DOCS]
- Added the following PXE profiles, which are enabled by default after updating (disable them in the PXE manager if unwanted):
- CloudLinux 8
- CloudLinux 9
- Proxmox: Tenantos now automatically updates the VM name in Proxmox when the hostname/server name changes.
- Proxmox: Added an option to periodically sync the hostname/server set in Tenantos with Proxmox, ensuring names stay synchronized. [DOCS]
- Proxmox: Added an option to use the server name instead of the hostname as the VM name in Proxmox. [DOCS]
- NovoServe external provider: Network usage statistics are now collected through the NovoServe API. 95th percentile is supported.
- Hetzner Cloud external provider: Added support for the new ARM servers.
- VPS balancer plans: Added a function to allow or skip nodes based on their name, with a definable regex for inclusion or exclusion. [DOCS]
- VMware websocket connections are now accessible via port 443, instead of using an additional port for each console session.
- Quick search now includes server tags in its results.
- SSH connections to remote agents are now faster.
- Grml PXE profile: Updated the modules blacklist to prevent grml from using the virtual IPMI LAN interface as an ethernet interface.
- Optimized job queue management to occasionally prevent excessive growth, which sometimes led to longer wait times for specific actions, such as adding an IPMI-KVM ISO.
- OVH external provider: Improve installation status tracking.
- OVH external provider: Implemented a workaround for an OVH API issue to ensure the correct server name is returned when executing the getPassword function. If the API returns an incorrect value (e.g., "Server.name"), the erroneous value is replaced with the primary IP.
- Enhanced error handling for external providers, providing admins with clear error messages instead of generic ones.
- Hardware collect profile now depends on the regular grml profile, ensuring that changes to the grml profile are reflected in the hardware collect PXE profile.
- Updated OS logos, this also fixes an issue in WHMCS where the first three logos were occasionally missing.
- Improved Tenantos install/update script to show more details during execution.
- Resolved an issue where the VNC console for Hetzner cloud servers did not always function properly.
- Resolved an issue related to setting RDNS entries for IPv6 addresses, which occasionally caused domain validation to fail.
- Proxmox: Resolved an issue where certain actions failed when using an additional Proxmox admin account due to "skiplock" being available only for the root account.
Version 1.0.23 (31.03.2023)
If many remote agents are present, this update will take longer to install. The IPMI-KVM Docker container will be recreated.
Brand vhosts are also regenerated. If manual adjustments to the nginx vhost configuration were made using an unsupported method, the customizations will be lost. Learn more.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added additional support for older Supermicro firmwares, such as 3.13.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for ASRock B650D4U.
- Proxmox: Added support for HA resources. HA resources are configurable in the VPS plans.
- Proxmox: Added balancer plans to distribute newly created virtual machines across the cluster based on resource availability. Balancer plans allow the configuration of the resources to consider, such as memory, CPU, disk space, and VM count, and the weight to assign to each resource. The best-fitting node will be selected to host the VM. [DOCS]
- Added an option to the PXE connection assignment to specify the server's boot mode, which addresses issues where some IPMI interfaces, such as iLO, report an incorrect boot mode, causing the server to boot with legacy BIOS instead of UEFI when initiating a PXE boot.
- Added support for AZE PDUs.
- Updated the grml PXE profile to grml 2022.11.
- IPMI-KVM and Proxmox websocket connections are now accessible via port 443, instead of using an additional port for each console session.
- VPS Plans: Added the following options for Proxmox:
- vCPU configuration.
- Enable/disable memory and CPU hotplug.
- Enable/disable NUMA.
- The update script has been improved to minimize downtime during updates.
- IP manager improvements:
- The reserve/unreserve icon has been updated to provide a clearer representation of the current status.
- IPs and IPv6 subnets are now sorted.
- The Docker container has been optimized for better use of the build cache. This optimization allows faster rebuilds of the Docker container in the future.
- Added a new variable "reverseipNoArpa" to the default reverse DNS entry configuration. This variable returns the reverse IP address without the "arpa" text. [DOCS]
- Improved subnet validation to prevent overlaps with existing subnets when adding new subnets.
- VPS plans: Fixed an issue where an error was thrown when updating a VPS plan that had a subnet assigned to it, which had been deleted.
- If the RDNS verification mode was set to "Valid domain and must resolve to IP," an error message was shown when the domain did not return any records.
Version 1.0.22 (13.03.2023)
This update focused on system stability, performance improvement, and enhancements to internal workflows.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for ASMB10-iKVM.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for more TYAN server models.
- PXE profiles, scripts and disk layouts can now be limited to roles. In contrast to limitations by tags, limitations through roles are not recursive, making it useful when the profile is intended for internal use only. [DOCS]
- Bandwidth graphs: Added options to display a 95th line and summary stats below the graph. [DOCS]
- Added support for automatically setting up additional IP addresses and IPv6 for Windows installations. Similar to Linux operating systems, you can enable this feature in the profile settings. For newly created Windows profiles, this option is enabled by default, while existing profiles remain unchanged.
- The size of file-based log files are now monitored. If they become too large, the files are compressed and rotated.
- Added support for additional date-time formats.
- Added support for custom nginx configurations. [DOCS]
- Significantly optimized the codebase, resulting in enhanced stability and performance improvements.
- At Grml-based PXE profiles, the NTP client is now automatically started to avoid issues if the BIOS date is configured incorrectly.
- Whitelabeled the hardware inventory shell command. Instead of retrieving the script from the Tenantos mirror, the script is now accessible via the API.
- Adjusted the callback parameter of the hardware inventory script to output the current brand domain as the callback URL, instead of always using the primary domain of the installation.
Version 1.0.21 (26.02.2023)
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for old MegaRAC firmwares (2013 and below).
- External Providers: Added support for Tailor Made Servers.
- VMware: Added support for distributed switches.
- Added extended support for variables in disk layouts, scripts and PXE profiles. [DOCS]
- After the installation of a Linux operating system or booting into rescue mode, the server inventory can be automatically updated. This setting can be enabled in each PXE profile individually. This makes it easy to keep the hardware inventory up to date. [DOCS]
- Added Memtest86+ 6.10 PXE profile which provides support for UEFI.
- Added support to import Windows ESD ISOs.
- External providers can now function as standalone RDNS providers. This feature enables the integration of RDNS at external providers where IP addresses are allocated by users (i.e., no IP auto-sync supported), and RDNS is not delegated to own nameservers.
- Improved the stability of the Tenantos install and update script.
- Several small improvements have been made to the subnet detail page. The RDNS column no longer flickers when an IP is reserved or unreserved.
- The sorting mechanism at the tables has been improved, especially noticeable at IP addresses and subnets which are now sorted as expected.
Version 1.0.20 (16.02.2023)
This release adds support for IPv6 RDNS for individual IPv6 addresses and subnets assignments. However, please note that the WHMCS module currently does not support RDNS for IPv6. Support for IPv6 RDNS will be added in the next module update.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for ASUS ASMB9-iKVM chip.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Recent IPMI supermicro firmwares no longer support HTML5 and Java KVM consoles simultaneously. A check has been added that detects whether HTML5 mode is active. If it is, the mode is switched to Java to retrieve the console, and then reset to HTML5 to preserve the original configuration.
- Added support for IPv6 RDNS. [DOCS]
- Added bulk actions to IPv6 subnets for quick configuration of restrictions, DNS resolvers, or RDNS server for all child subnets. [DOCS]
- PXE: Added support for custom Linux drivers. [DOCS]
- Default drivers for the Debian PXE profiles have been added, which contains e.g. bnx2 drivers.
- PXE: Added PXE profile for Fedora 37.
- VMware: Added support for DRS to automatically distribute VMs across the VMware cluster.
- VMware: Added support to place VMs in specified folders, which is configurable via the VPS plans.
- When splitting an IPv6 subnet, configured restrictions are now applied to all created child subnets.
- When splitting an IPv6 subnet that has an assigned RDNS server, Tenantos now assigns the same RDNS server to all child subnets if a zone exists or if the IPv6 zone of the parent subnet is applicable.
- IPMI-KVM ISOs: Verify that enough disk space is available on the main server and on all remote agents to store the ISO file.
- Windows PXE import: Verify that enough disk space is available on the main server and on all remote agents to store the PXE files.
- Increased open file limit for queue processor. This solves an issue where the SNMP bandwidth collector task could fail due too many network interfaces.
- In the last update, the Ubuntu 22 profile was not created if upgrading from an older version. This has been fixed.
- Resolved an issue where Ubuntu autoinstall (PXE) installations failed if the IPv6 gateway ended with "::".
- IPMI-KVM ISOs: If the download failed, the ISO file was correctly removed, but the download progress remained as in-progress.
Version 1.0.19 (30.01.2023)
- Added support for SNMP v3 switches.
- Added support for autoinstall PXE templates.
- A new system for calculating and creating RAIDs has been developed and is already in use for autoinstall templates. The other templates (preseed, kickstart) will be switched to the new RAID creation system in a future update. The new system will serve as the cornerstone for extended RAID configuration options, including the ability to create multiple RAIDs based on the size of installed hard drives.
- Added Ubuntu 22 profile.
- All features are supported, such as post-installation and first-boot scripts, SSH keys and automatic RAID configuration.
- A migration tool is now available to transfer data from NOC-PS to Tenantos. [DOCS]
- Proxmox: Added support for OVMF BIOS (UEFI). OVMF can be selected at the VPS plans.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added quick delete mode for containers. [DOCS]
- External Providers: Added support for power management via NovoServe. Bandwidth statistics will be available in a future update.
- When adding a new dedicated server, the quick configuration form now includes an option to configure a permanent DHCP lease.
- To save disk space, log files located at "/var/www/html/storage/logs" are now rotated every 7 days like at remote agents. The logs have also been divided into daily logs, rather than one log for all days.
- Graphs now display times according to the user's time zone instead of UTC.
- Improvements were made to the 95th percentile calculation on the server overview table.
- In addition to other small optimizations, the "Traffic today" widget on the server detail page has been improved. The widget now automatically updates whenever new bandwidth usage data is available, instead of only refreshing on certain events.
- IPMI graphs may have temporarily stopped functioning if IPMI did not sent all sensor data (e.g. because the server was powered off).
Version 1.0.18 (16.01.2023)
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for PowerEdge C6220 II.
- Added CLI command to create backups. [DOCS]
- Disk layouts and scripts can now be restricted to specific server types (dedicated/VPS).
- Added additional branding theme options:
- Added multi-language support. Each brand can have its own languages and translations. [DOCS]
- The language key "en" has been renamed to "en-us". Existing language overrides are automatically migrated.
- VPS plans: Added Windows 11/2022 and "Other" to valid OS types for Proxmox. However, Linux is the recommended OS type, regardless of the operating system.
- VPS plans: Default values when creating VPS plans for Proxmox have been improved.
- Error handling on the remote agent detail page has been improved. Additionally, the plain error message is now shown in case of an issue, instead of referring to the system logs page.
- It is now possible to re-add remote agents that has been removed from Tenantos without reinstalling the agent's OS.
- System backups and their status are now logged in the system activity log.
- Language customizations are now copied from the parent brand when creating a new brand.
- Proxmox PXE profile: Fixed an issue that caused the bridge configuration to be incorrect on certain network cards.
- Fixed an issue where NoVNC could not find the SSL certificate of additional brands.
Version 1.0.17 (08.01.2023)
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for IBM Integrated Management Module II.
- VMware NoVNC console: Implemented a proxy for VMware consoles, eliminating the need for direct access to VMware. If VMware is running within a private IP range or access restrictions are in place, the console can still be accessed.
- Windows PXE: Drivers for VMware have been added to the default Windows drivers (VMXNET3, Paravirtual SCSI, mouse, memctl). Please note that the Windows profiles must be updated in order to add the new drivers.
- Backups of Tenantos can now be created, the following features are available: [DOCS]
- Ability to add multiple storage backends (local disk, FTP, S3)
- Option to configure a separate retention period for each storage
- The choice of which data to save (database, server statistics, etc.)
- Both manual and automatic backup options, with adjustable scheduling for automatic backups
- The NoVNC page has been redesigned and now includes useful features such as the ability to send or hold keys like CTRL, as well as a clipboard function.
- The VMware WMKS console page has been redesigned and now includes useful features such as:
- Change keyboard language
- Send CTRL+ALT+DEL
- Option to send various predefined keystrokes
- Fullscreen mode and automatic video output rescaling
- Improvements have been made to the server hardware summary to prevent irrelevant strings/characters from unnecessarily lengthening the output.
- It is now possible to delete single IPv6 addresses (via button and mass actions).
- Added buttons to the tables / mass action to quickly delete subnets and child subnets.
- Implemented a number of changes to the backend code to optimize technical processes and improve efficiency.
- Proxmox: Under certain circumstances, discard was not activated even though it was enabled in the VPS plan.
Version 1.0.16 (28.12.2022)
- Added the following PXE profiles (disabled by default):
- VMware 8
- VMware 9
- It is now possible to chainload a iPXE version with COMBOOT support by enabling the COMBOOT option in the PXE profiles. [DOCS]
- The size of the ESP and boot partitions can now be configured in all predefined disk layouts. [DOCS]
- This release focused on refactoring the frontend code to keep it well-maintainable and easily testable. Additionally, small bugs in the web interface were fixed (primarily on the server detail page).
- Improvements were made to UEFI PXE installations.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Improved support for iDRAC 9.
- Suspended servers are now clearly marked as such in the server overview list.
- Improvements were made to the Tenantos install and update scripts.
- Proxmox: Since the last release, when starting an installation, Proxmox VMs have been reset using a soft-reset. However, if the qemu process hangs, the soft-reset is unable to reset the VM successfully. To address this issue, Tenantos now hard-resets the VM after about a minute if no installation progress is detected, as this is the best indicator that the soft-reset has failed.
- It is now easier to add new subnets. When adding a new subnet, only the CIDR or netmask is required. Previously, both values were required. In addition, the value of the subnet input field must now just be an IP within the subnet, rather than the network address. Tenantos will calculate the correct network address.
- In some cases, the console URL did not work if the console was opened via an additional brand domain (not the primary brand domain).
- Fixed an issue where deleting an RDNS server caused a "fatal error" message when opening the subnets page.
The "Auto RAID" disk layout has been renamed to "Automatic Partitioning". This change only occurs if the default name ("Auto RAID") has not been changed yet by the Tenantos administrator.
Version 1.0.15 (15.12.2022)
- UEFI PXE installations are now supported for all operating systems. [DOCS]
- The color scheme for brands can now be reset to its original values. The default values are inherited from the parent account holder.
- Proxmox VPS plans: Instead of specifying the qemu version, it is now possible to simply use the latest one (via the "Machine" setting).
- Enhanced the Proxmox PXE installation process by checking if a power off/on is actually necessary before starting the installation, to prevent NoVNC consoles from being terminated. If no VM configuration changes are pending, only a reset is executed now.
- Made various improvements to the log flood protection feature.
Version 1.0.14 (09.12.2022)
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for TYAN.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for Oracle ILOM.
- Added PXE disk layout to install the operating system on the smallest/largest disk. [DOCS]
- External Providers: Added support for Hetzner dedicated servers. The following features are supported:
- Reinstallation & Rescue mode
- RDNS & Synchronization of the assigned IP addresses
- Traffic usage collection
- Power management
- Proxmox: Added support for custom Proxmox port and PVE authentication.
- Proxmox: The following new options are available in the VPS plans:
- Multiqueue (network interface)
- Enable IO thread (disk)
- Enable SSD emulation (disk)
- Include in backups (disk)
- Skip replication (disk)
- Read/write MB/s limits (disk)
- Read/write IOPS limits (disk)
- Proxmox: "Start at boot" option gets now disabled at Proxmox if the server has been shutdown via Tenantos and enabled if started.
- Several small improvements like:
- External Providers: Certain API responses are now cached to avoid triggering rate limits. Also leads to a small increase in performance.
- Increased the stability of the Proxmox integration.
- Improved input validation on the external providers page to prevent incorrect input.
- The Samba service configuration has been optimized for better stability (Samba is required for Windows installations).
To keep the permission groups organized, the following groups are now merged:
- View Cached Server Power Status -> View Server Power Status
- View Server Power Provider -> View Server Power Status
- View Server Reinstallation Provider -> Reinstall Server
- View Server Console Provider -> Open Server Console
Version 1.0.13 (04.12.2022)
We are pleased to announce that the new WHMCS client area template has been published. The new template provides an integration of the server management functions into the WHMCS client area. To use the new WHMCS client area template, please install this update first.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Improved support for older iDRAC firmwares.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for H12SSL-NT mainboard
- API: When adding the
impersonateUserIdHTTP header to API requests, the request will be executed over the specified user ID. Using the
impersonateClientIpheader, it's possible to override the IP which is shown in the API and activity log.
- If the user account did not have permission to set the root password, the installation of the operating system did not work.
- Dark mode: When sending a manual IPMI command, the response was shown on a white background.
Version 1.0.12 (22.11.2022)
- It's now possible to split IPv6 subnets by inserting the target subnets / IPv6 addresses in a text box. [DOCS]
- Up to now, IPv6 prefixes were only supported in increments of 4 (e.g. /48, /52, etc.). Now, all valid prefixes are supported.
- The server assignment date can now be viewed and edited for each assigned user. [DOCS]
- Added server list table columns: [DOCS]
- 95th percentile usage.
- Information if installation is running.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for Lenovo ThinkSystem.
- Proxmox: It's now possible to configure a CD-ROM drive in the VPS plans.
- Improved site navigation performance.
- Improvements in the role management logic and additional validations to prevent incorrect user configurations.
- Made server connection details inputs more strict to avoid incorrect configuration.
- Increased stability of preseed-based PXE installations.
- Automated hardware inventory (via script / PXE):
- Improved CPU clock speed detection.
- It is now correctly detected if multiple processors are installed.
- Remote agent logs may not have been cleared correctly.
Version 1.0.11 (15.11.2022)
- 95th percentile billing is now available.
- An update for the WHMCS module, with support for 95th percentile billing, has been released.
- PXE profiles: Added option to fallback to default disk layout if no layout has been specified during OS reinstallation. [DOCS]
- The option is enabled by default for all default PXE profiles (fallback to Auto RAID).
- User accounts: Added option to restrict login to certain IP addresses. [DOCS]
- API Keys: Added option to restrict the usage of the API key to certain IP addresses. [DOCS]
- Improved table search function.
- The design of the bandwidth breakdown dialog has been improved and now also shows information about 95th percentile usage.
- Improved handling of subnet RDNS assignments for subnets smaller than /24.
- It is now possible to set the BMC port during adding a new server. Previously, the port had to be set manually on the server configuration page (unless the default port is used).
- Improved PXE file cache cleanup for preseed based installations.
- IPv6 subnet page was slow if many child subnets existed, or if the subnets were deeply nested.
- Under certain circumstances, the supplied hostname was not set correctly at Debian installations.
Version 1.0.10 (09.11.2022)
- Added option to hide already assigned connection items. [DOCS]
- Added the following branding options:
- PXE profiles: Added a button to restore the initial configuration of default PXE profiles.
- Reduced API calls CPU usage.
- When adding an IP to a server, subnets that do not contain available IPs are not shown anymore.
- The theme mode (light/dark) is now saved in a cookie so that when the user is logged out due to a timeout, the login page is shown in the mode that was last selected.
- Several small improvements, such as:
- Dark mode: Improved visibility of dropdowns.
- Roles page: Added a "select/deselect all" button to each group.
- The links in the tables have been standardized.
Version 1.0.9 (03.11.2022)
- DNS resolvers can now be configured individually for each subnet. [DOCS]
- Language Editor: In addition to the direct editing of the JSON, a table mode is now available. [DOCS]
- New UI setting (enabled by default): Instead of just opening NoVNC in a new tab, it is now possible to additionally open a status dialog that shows a link to the console when the console is ready. The previous behavior remains and the console will try to open automatically in a new tab, but some popup blockers block the new tab. [DOCS]
- While there are no known problems with the RAID layouts, we have added additional precautions to the RAID PXE disk layouts to make PXE installations as fail proof as possible. The installer environments (Debian-Installer, etc.) are sometimes very fussy – the RAID profiles / Auto RAID tries to detect and fix all possible sources of problems related to hard disks.
- PXE file cache handling logic has been improved and files are now delivered faster. This is especially noticeable at the grml PXE profile.
- Several small design improvements (e.g. scrollbar and shadows).
- APC PDU: The power methods did not work correctly at some APC PDUs.
Version 1.0.8 (28.10.2022)
- It is now possible to specify whether a PXE profile should only be available for dedicated or virtual servers.
- External Providers: Added myLoc / Webtropia / Servdiscount. The following features are supported:
- Reinstallation & Rescue mode
- Option to disable Windows & DirectAdmin installations (myLoc does charge for that)
- Hardware inventory synchronization
- RDNS & Synchronization of the assigned IP addresses
- Traffic usage collection
- Power management
- New permission to define if BMC resets are allowed. Previously, BMC resets were included in the "Manage Server Power" permission.
- The dark mode theme has been improved.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Improved iLO 5 support.
- Since version 1.0.4, Windows Server 2016 ISOs were not correctly converted to a PXE profile. This has been fixed.
- The browser now automatically reloads the Tenantos web interface page if the frontend version has changed due to a platform update.
- Improvements to the quick search:
- The server connections are now also checked. This allows finding a server for example by MAC, VM ID, or IPMI IP.
- For each match, you will now see which fields contain the search term (for example, hostname or IP).
- By prioritizing API requests, the server detail page now displays relevant data, such as power status, faster.
Version 1.0.7 (16.10.2022)
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for X570D4U-2L2T mainboard
- Added support for TELEJET web resetter.
- Added support for the following PDUs: [DOCS]
- Dell rPDU
- Logging settings have been extended by the following options: [DOCS]
- Information: These settings are enabled by default.
- Impersonate: Don't log executed actions
- Impersonate: Don't log API calls
- Impersonate: Don't log impersonate user login
- Limit the maximum amount of activity log entries.
- Limit the maximum amount of API log entries.
- An option has been added to keep the API log table smaller by logging the response only when a certain size is not exceeded. If the response is too large, the logged response is replaced with an appropriate message. Other data, like the request body content, remains unaffected.
- SNMP switch traffic poller: Instead of querying each device individually, multiple devices are now queried simultaneously, making the process quick to complete even if many switches are added to Tenantos.
- External providers traffic poller: As with SNMP switches, traffic data from external providers is now collected more quickly through parallelization.
- Speed up the network devices status check. If many devices were added and the devices were slow to respond (e.g. due to high latency or slow API), it took a while until the status was displayed.
- Speed up the remote agents status check.
- Show the button for more detailed information about a log entry also on the system log page, as on the user logs page.
- This update contains many minor optimizations, such as:
- Dispatching various actions to the background, to speed up tasks.
- Log flood protection: Improved detection of entries which should be rate limited.
- IP assignment changes (add/delete/update) are now blazing fast, regardless of how many IPs are present in the system.
- The speed of platform updates is no longer negatively affected if many roles exist.
- Improve Docker container cleanups.
- And dozens of other small under-the-hood improvements.
- The traffic columns (bandwidth rate, usage stats) on the server overview page do now sort correctly.
- Debian installations could fail if multiple network ports are connected. It is now ensured that the Debian installer uses the correct port.
Version 1.0.6 (01.10.2022)
- VPS Plans: Added support for Proxmox VLANs.
- VPS Plans: It's now possible to add predefined server tags via VPS plans. [DOCS]
- VPS Plans: A new button is available to duplicate a VPS plan.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for TRX40D8-2N2T mainboard.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for Supermicro X9SCL/X9SCM and X8DTU-LN4+ mainboard (pretty all Supermicro boards are supported now).
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for iDRAC 9.
- Added log flood protection. The Log flood protection is enabled by default. [DOCS]
- Network Devices: Added option to flip in/out bandwidth statistics for SNMP devices. [DOCS]
- Hardware inventory shell script: Added support for Debian 10.
- Server inventory page: Show disk type (HDD, SSD, NVMe) within the overview table. Before, the type was only shown at the inventory item details modal.
- Automatically refresh the server power status cache after a platform update. Previously, it took up to 15 minutes until the cache was built.
- PXE: Increased the network timeout for grml based OS templates (disk wipe, rescue, hardware detect).
- PXE: Increased the network timeout for preseed based operating systems (Debian, Ubuntu).
- PXE: A rare bug in the Debian 11 installer sometimes causes the sources.list (apt) to be incorrect. A workaround has been created to ensure that the sources.list is always created correctly.
- PXE: The "install-complete" callback is now executed later to reduce the delay between the installation status displayed in Tenantos and the actual one. Useful if running long post-installation tasks.
- API speed improvements. Since the web interface is API based, this also results in a faster web interface.
- Increased the default DHCP lease time.
- Several improvements in the Tenantos installation and update script.
- Don't expand all user access logs when expanding a single row. Added a new button to expand all rows.
- DHCP server logs are now partially filtered so that the syslog does not become too large.
- PXE: Under certain circumstances, the swap partition was too large or too small when using Auto RAID or one of the RAID profiles.
- PXE: Under certain circumstances, the PXE installation failed if NVMe disks were used. The problem occurred only if a RAID profile was used.
- PXE: Debian 10, the installation of grub failed sometimes.
- Activity Log: Do not create an "Updated User" entry if only the dark mode setting was changed.
- This update contains several major updates of third-party packages.
Version 1.0.5 (23.09.2022)
- It's now possible to override the default BMC port on the server connections assignment page.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for iDRAC.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for ASRock Rack.
- Increased the default size of the NoVNC IPMI-KVM window.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Improved support for older Supermicro models.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Improved support for ATEN-based IPMI models.
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Under certain circumstances, the Docker container could not start properly. The handling of Docker containers is now improved.
Version 1.0.4 (11.09.2022)
- Windows (PXE): Added support for Windows 10/11 PXE installations, with support to auto-configure OOBE.
- Windows (PXE): Added support for product key activation. [DOCS]
- Windows (PXE): Added option to bypass the Windows installer system requirements checks (e.g. TPM 2.0 for Windows 11). [DOCS]
- NoVNC IPMI-KVM: Added support for HP iLO 3.
- Improved DHCP configuration generation.
- VMware: Improved support for older ESXi versions.
- Improved handling of samba configuration reloads. Active connections are not disconnected anymore.
- Improved network interfaces detection when assigning IPs to remote agents.
- Windows ISO import: Automatically suggest cache directory depending on the mounted Windows version. [Windows Directory Docs]
Version 1.0.3 (06.09.2022)
- Error flash messages from the API backend are now translatable.
- Flash messages from the frontend are now translatable.
- The activity log and user access log now show if the request came from the API (e.g. WHMCS) or from the web interface.
- Performance improvements for the /servers index API endpoint.
- IPMI now also supports hostnames (previously only IPs were supported).
- Updating an inventory custom field may lead to an error message.
- IPMI stats: Changed default time range from "All" to "24 Hours".
Version 1.0.2 (02.09.2022)
- IP Manager: Limit subnets according to the server tags / remote agent assignments. [DOCS]
Version 1.0.1 (31.08.2022)
- Update system: Ensure that all remote agents are reachable before starting platform update.
- Added: Rocky Linux 9
- Added: AlmaLinux 9
- Added: Clonezilla 3
- Added: System Rescue CD 9
- Updated: Proxmox VE 7 (improved stability)
Version 1.0.0 (24.08.2022)
- Public release.