On the "Network Devices" page you can add and manage network devices like SNMP switches and PDUs.
- All switches that can be accessed via SNMP.
- TELEJET web resetter (Digi One SP).
- Dell rPDU
- CyberPower ATS
- AZE PDU
- KVM over IP switches:
- Raritan Dominion KX II
- Raritan Dominion KX III
Network Devices Table
The table provides an overview of the devices you have added. In addition to the data you entered, the status, operating system, and version are shown.
In case of an error, move the mouse cursor over the "X" to get details about the error.
Add a new Device
- Click on "Network Devices" in the sidebar to open the network devices page.
- Click the plus button to open the "Add new Device" dialog.
- Fill out the form (the form may differ depending on the selected device type):
- Remote Agent: Select which agent should be used to address the device.
- Device Type: SNMP switch, PDU or TELEJET.
- Device name: The name is up to you and should be something you can easily identify.
- Hostname / IP: Enter the hostname or IP of the device. If you insert a hostname, the hostname must resolve to the device's IP.
- SNMP Community: The SNMP community.
- SNMP Version: SNMP v2c + v3 is supported.
- Features: Only selectable for some device types.
After you have added the device, you can assign device connections to servers.
SNMP Switches: Bandwidth Accounting
If you enable the "Bandwidth Accounting" feature, Tenantos will collect bandwidth usage from each port every 5 minutes. The data is stored in InfluxDB.
SNMP Switches: "Flip in/out traffic"
If this option is not enabled, the traffic is technically displayed correctly, but this is usually not desired. Outgoing traffic from the switch is incoming traffic from the server's point of view, and vice versa. It is recommended to enable this option so that the incoming and outgoing traffic is correctly represented and not being swapped.
The option is pre-checked when adding an SNMP switch.
Cache ports (recommended)
Enable this option to cache the device's ports/interfaces listing. This leads to faster response times for the port listings during port assignments. As the list of ports usually doesn't change, this feature is generally recommended because it typically carries no disadvantages.
The cache updates every hour and can be manually cleared by clicking the 'Update' button, without the need to change any data.
The option is pre-checked if available.