About External Providers
All servers that are managed via an external API are called external servers. The "External Providers" are the link between Tenantos and the external servers. External providers are used for two things:
- Virtualization APIs (Proxmox, VMware)
- External Servers (OVH, ...)
In addition to managing virtual servers, Tenantos offers the ability to manage servers from external providers, so you can resell servers from OVH and co., but still manage everything from a unified interface. Also, the API always works the same - there are no separate API endpoints for servers of a certain provider or types. Everything is unified.
Supported External Providers
We are happy to add support for additional providers. If you use a provider that is not supported, please create a feature request. It is required that the provider offers an API.
The following providers are supported:
- OVH / Kimsufi / SYS
- Hetzner Cloud
- Hetzner Dedicated
- myLoc / Webtropia / Servdiscount
- NovoServe (power management + network usage collection)
- Tailor Made Servers
Scope Of Functions
The most important things in a nutshell:
- OS reinstallation via the provider's API with SSH keys support (PXE for Proxmox / VMware).
- Power management via the provider's API.
- Bandwidth usage collection via the provider's API.
- Automated hardware inventory via the provider's API.
- Automated IP inventory via the provider's API.
- Manage RDNS via the provider's API.
- NoVNC remote consoles are supported.
Some features may not be supported for some providers if the API does not support the functionality.
Since you can freely assign the connections, mixing of connection assignments is possible. For example, power management via the provider API, but OS installations via PXE.
As described above, Tenantos offers a unified API. All billing integrations have built-in support for external providers.